Food of Assam | Mouth-watering Dishes From Assam
Food has been a universal connection between people for a really long time now. The fact that even though the ingredients are the same but the end product turns out to be different every time, is a sign of the diversity that the world has to offer. In fact, we don't even have to go that far. There's enough diversity in our country to begin with and Assam has to offer just right kind of flavours to tickle your taste buds. With a wide variety of indigenous food to offer, the food of Assam is famous for its distinct flavoring and influences. Did I mention that it is a heaven for non-vegetarian lovers? Delicious pork, chicken and mutton dishes will leave you craving for more.
That's not even all! The herbs and delicate flavors, along with the influence from Bengali cuisine, make the food of Assam a joyous affair for all food lovers!
Here are a few of Assam's most favourite dishes:
- Khaar - An Assamese meat delicacy
- Duck meat curry ?- Assamese food delicacy!
- Maasor Tenga (tangy fish curry)
- Aloo Pitika – Comfort food of Assam!
- Xaak aru bhaji (herbs and vegetables)
- Ou Khatta – Food of Assam to tingle your taste buds!
- Paro Manxho (pigeon meat) – A traditional delicacy of Assam
- Silkworm – Creative food of Assam to stoke your imagination!
- Baanhgajor Lagot Kukura (Chicken with Bamboo Shoot)
- Pitha – Home cooked Sweet dishes of Assam